A Wonderful Time with Celia Jade

I am very excited to be presenting a wonderferful new author to me.....Celia Jade. I got the chance to read her latest book Her Warrior Lord and I have to say it was a winner.



Thanks so much for allowing me to conduct this interview.


Thank you for requesting this interview, Cheryl.








What’s something about you that we’d be surprised to learn?

I’m not sure there is anything surprising about me…except that I used to be very conservative and shy during my teenage years and early twenties. I don’t know what happened after that, lol.


How do you tackle writer’s block?

It sometimes happens when there’s a deadline to meet or a request for a story within a specific genre and theme. I’ll have the story line ready but there will be one scene I just can’t get into…especially if it’s a sensual scene and I’m not ‘in the mood’, lol. So I walk away from it for a few hours or a couple of days and avoid thinking about it. Also, I’ve found reading material of a totally different nature helps. Luckily though, when the muse is in full swing, I tend to write prolifically.


If you could be one of your characters – Who would you be? And why?

I would love to be Kyla Ayslin, the Heroine in Her Warrior Lord because she’s a spirited young woman with an unusual talent that embodies both physical and mental strength.


What is your favorite thing about being a writer?

The fact that I can lose myself in my private world for a certain period of time, doing what I most enjoy.


If you could try any other profession in the world. What would it be and why?

Well, besides being a writer, I work as a freelance proofreader but I’ve considered being a zoo keeper, a landscape artist, a real estate agent, a flower shop owner, bookstore owner, antiques store owner to name some. I guess, since I prefer working for myself, I’d like to try owning an antiques shop because antiques are timeless.


Your latest book Her Warrior Lord has a medieval theme. What inspired you to write it?

I have always been fascinated by medieval times…the romanticism of that different world, its simplicity, architecture and even its ugliness—and of course, sword fighting.


The love scene between Lord Egan and Kyla is pretty steamy. What do you do to prepare yourself to write a hot love scene? Do you have a ritual, special music, candles, etc?

Good question. Actually, one of the most challenging things for me is the love scene. That’s because there are several things to consider…the fact that the scene has to relate to the characters’ personality and their experience—it has nothing to do with me. And every love scene has to be different to move the story along and keep the reader interested. I have a healthy list of words/phrases I use for describing love scenes and I always re-read every scene to make sure there is no repetition. I sometimes listen to romantic opera before writing…Pavarotti and Domingo are my favorites. I find it almost impossible to write an intimate scene if the mood isn’t right.


I enjoyed the twist you added with the people of Asgard having special abilities. Which brings me to ask if you could have a special ability what would it be and why?

I think that would be the ability to make the most delicious desserts, because I love cakes and pies. Then I’d be a pastry chef in Hollywood, lol.


What are you working on next?

There’s a lot going on now. I’m writing a short story for the Fantasy Games category for eXtasy books. I’ve sent a sexy paranormal MS to be reviewed and I’m excited about my first story in print that is part of an anthology. The book is titled Emerald Envisage and should be out this year. The story I wrote is a paranormal with a ‘green’ theme. I really enjoyed writing Phantom Persuasion because it has elements of things I love: Justin is a chef who lives in a lovely Irish suburban town. Brigit loves plants and gardening. The dilemma here is that Justin suffers from a medieval curse and cannot experience physical pleasure except in women’s dreams. To break the curse, he has to find someone who has similar interests and believes his existence. He finds a way into Brigit’s life and her dreams. Although their lovemaking is nothing less than passionate, she has doubts that such a man can truly exist…










Thank you again for answering some questions. It was fun and I really enjoyed reading Her Warrior Lord.



My pleasure!





To check out all Celia Jade's books and to keep current on upcoming releases go to http://celiajade.wordpress.com/

Comments

Anonymous said…
The covers are wow! Also, love the interview. :-D

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations