Just Playing Dead




Claire O’Brien knows all about liars. Her father, Tom is still lying even after being convicted fifteen years ago of murdering her mom and her mom’s lover. Claire is now all grown up. Claire has only one regret and that is testifying against her father. Maybe that’s why Claire wants so bad to believe her father is innocent, especially when Claire learns her father has escaped prison but is Claire setting herself up for a big heartache putting faith in her father. FBI agent, Mitch Bianchi has been following the O’Brien case for a long time, so when he sees his chance to get close to Claire he seizes the opportunity.

Unfortunately the more time Mitch spends with Claire, the harder it is for him to keep his secrets from her. All of Claire’s digging makes her the prime target for a serial psychopath that will stop at nothing to keep the truth hidden.

Playing Dead is the third and final book in Allison Brennan’s Prison Break trilogy. I have enjoyed reading this trilogy, though I have to say not as much as Ms. Brennan’s No Evil series. This book started out good and ended on a high note. I was glad to see that Claire was no wall flower, just because she was surrounded by lots of male testosterone. The mystery that FBI agents bring to the table I think really makes them sexy as well as attractive. Mitch definitely had both qualities, which made him a great male lead character in this story. I have been hooked on Ms. Brennan’s book since I read her No Evil series and still remain a fan. I can’t wait for her next series.

Comments

Becky LeJeune said…
You know, I've not read Allison Brennan before. She's joined the murderati team of bloggers, though, and rotates Sundays with Toni McGee Causey - her posts are pretty interesting, too.
Jane said…
I'm a big Allison fan, too. I can't wait to read Jack's story.

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway