The Scoundrel Days of Hobo Highbrow

I want to thank Annette with Schwindt-PR http://www.schwindt-pr.com/ for sending me this book to review.



Hobo Highbrow lives by himself. He is a writer. He keeps pretty much to himself works except for occasionally going out with friends like Helle. She was the girl of his dreams. The one thing you can always count on with Hobo is that he is consistent. You could set your watch by him. So you could imagine what happens when Hobo’s life gets shook upside down and things start unraveling. Hobo turns to the one thing that can help him cope with this ordeal and that is...listening to a-ha music.

Mr. Jon Buscall's translation from Norwegian to English is pretty good. Hobo Highbrow seemed a little narcissistic to me in the way that he had to have everything looking, sitting, feeling, acting a certain way. For Hobo this worked for him as he always had a reason for his madness, which is why I found him to be so interesting. I found this book interesting. For me as I was reading it, I felt like I was reading a script for a play…a very modern but yet sad, romantic play. Where sometimes you just can’t find the right words to describe how you are feeling and the only way to do so is though an a-ha song. I found the story to be simple yet very thought provoking in a good way. Mr. Christiansen did a good job with The Scoundrel Days of Hobo Highbrow.




You can purchase this book on Mr. Christiansen's website at http://www.phc.no/books/books_scoundrel.html

Starting Monday till the end of the year you can purchase this book for a discounted price. So head on over now and check it out.

Comments

The Bookworm said…
I've heard of this one before, great review! I wondered if it was a good read or not, it sounds interesting.
http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/
Jontus said…
Thanks for the mention. It was a lot fun working with the novel. I think the hardest thing was figuring out how to do the translation of Take on Me into Norwegian and back again.

Hobo was a fine friend for the six weeks he was in my head. I hope Pål writes a follow-up because Hobo really is such a scoundrel. I'd like to see what mischief he gets up to.

Best wishes,
Jon Buscall

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations