What do you get when a mystery author decides to turn jewel thief?

I want to thank Caitlin with http://www.fsbassociates.com/ for sending me this book to review.








Jewelle Dawson knows all about secret identities as she has been living in the Witness Protection Program for many years. She was put into the program as she maintains some very personal knowledge of the Gambrelini mob. Jewlle appreciates everything her handler, John Murray has done for her but Jewelle has grown weary and wants to life again. She tells John that she is taking a trip to Barcelona, Spain on a cruise ship. John tries to talk Jewelle out of the trip as the mob is still looking for her. Jewelle is aware of this fact but still proceeds to make her plans.

Aboard the Emerald of the Sea are some very interesting characters. There are mystery and eccentric author, Frances Wakefield and her husband, Randy and her mother, Sarah Picco, Kenny Scott, a Vietnam veteran, as well as Max Caldwell, a wealthy, handsome playboy and gambler and Paul Rosini, a widower and airline pilot.

The last thing Jewelle expected was to fall in love with two men. Max intrigues Jewelle with his hobby as a gambler. Max is teaching Jewelle how to be a professional gambler. Jewelle has never felt such a high. Than there is John, who is the complete opposite of Max. John is quiet, charming and a romantic. He has swept Jewelle off her feet. Jewelle doesn’t know it but the mob have discovered her identity and are moving in quickly.

When I first read the summary for this book, I thought this sounds like something I would enjoy reading. I didn’t realize just how much I would enjoy this book. A big factor that played a part in my reading pleasure was all the different characters. Each one brought something fun and exciting to the scenes. There was not a dull moment to be found in this story. I have to admit, I can see why Jewelle had such a hard time choosing between John and Max as they were both nice guys. Ok, so the best and worse part in The Exchange was the ending and let me tell you why. It ended as a cliffhanger but gave me hope that Inga C. Ellzey would continue with these characters and for that I am glad. I can’t wait.



Comments

Anonymous said…
Ohhhh...I have this book to review, so I don't want to read much. I am excited about this one. Wish I had known you had it. We could have used it in a Noontime Book Chat!
The Bookworm said…
Glad you like this one, I've got it coming in the mail soon too.
http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations