My Interview with Susan Palmquist

I am happy to bring to you all a new author. Her name is Susan Palmquist and her first novel A Sterling Affair was just released December 5, 2008 with The Wild Rose Press.










I want to thank you for letting me interview you.


Please tell everyone about yourself? Also share something about yourself that people would be surprised to learn about.
I’m originally from London, England. I’m a freelance writer and once worked as a publicist for a publishing company. I love to cook and sometimes being in the kitchen helps me work out problems I’m having with the plot or characters in my novel. I’m also an avid gardener and dabble with some photography now and then. You’d surprised to know that after all these years of living in the US, I still have my English accent.




What is your favorite food to eat?
Easy one, chocolate.




Do you have a favorite vacation spot?
Majorca, one of islands off the Spanish mainland. I used to vacation there when I was a teenager. It’s a bit too far to travel to from the US, so my second choice would have to be the Pacific Northwest.



I read that you write everything from Psychology Today to now your first romance novel. Is it easy keeping everything organized?
I worked in PR for many years and was a publicist and you’ve got to be organized or you can mess things up really quickly. I think I’m a very organized person, but right now if you looked at the piles of papers in my office, you’d probably disagree.




How does writing Health and Psychology Articles differ from writing a fiction novel?
It’s very different because with fiction I can basically do what I want, I’m in control. With non-fiction, I have to conduct interviews, do lots of research, and write according to the outline my editors set for me.



You have interviewed yourself so very intriguing people. I was especially intrigued by the woman who played piano for silent movies. What was that like interviewing her?
She was great fun to chat with, and what you’d call young at heart. She had so many great stories and memories to share with me. And when I chatted with her she was about to play the piano for a silent movie at a local senior center.




Please describe your book A Sterling Affair.
It’s a paranormal romance set in London, England. It’s about an American widow whose children attempt to bring their father back to life but things don’t go quite as planned and they accidently bring back a man from the Regency period. It’s a clash of cultures, time periods, personalities, but these two people realize they’re in love and that life has given them both a second chance at finding their true love.



How did you react when you got the good news that your book was going to be published with The Wild Rose Press?
I didn’t react how I thought I would. I’d always assumed that I’d run into the street and shout, maybe even pass out on the floor, but I think I was in shock and maybe even thought I was dreaming. I got the news via e-mail and when I opened it up, I thought, here we go again, they like it, but… When I saw the words I love this story and I’d like to offer you a contract, I thought, it’s not a rejection, I’m finally going to be a published author.




What else do readers have to look forward to from you?
Lots of things. I’m working on three new books right now. Another paranormal, this one set in Ireland. Then there’s a crime novel set in England, and the other new work is a contemporary featuring what I hope readers will think is the sexiest man ever.




What is the one piece of advice you want to give your readers?
I advise them to keep buying my books. No, seriously, if you have a dream no matter how many people tell you it can’t be done; don’t listen to them, listen to your heart and follow your dream.



Thank you again for allowing me this interview. I appreciate it.


Check out Susan's website at http://susanpalmquist.com/



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations