Try Darkness

I want to thank Miriam with Hachette for sending me this book to review.




Trial lawyer, Ty Buchanan is back again in James Scott Bell’s second novel Try Darkness. He left the glamorous life in LA and can now be found living with Father Bob, Sister Mary Veritas, a nun who can run laps around you on the basketball court, as well as the rest of the nuns at St. Monica’s.

Ty may have taken on more then he can chew with his new client. Reatta and her six-year old daughter, Kylie are living in a hotel. They are about to be evicted. Ty instantly takes a liking to Kylie. What Ty learns is that the people in charge of the goings on with the hotel are Ty’s old law firm agency and former best friend, Al Bradshaw. When Reatta is found murdered, Ty finds himself the sole custodian of Kylie. Join Ty as he takes the reader from the courtroom to the streets.

As far as lawyers go, Ty Buchanan is one of the good guys but don’t let him know that. Ty thinks of himself as kind of a bad ass. Being the mean guy isn’t always a bad thing as sometimes you need to be tough in order to get the job done. I have to say though that my favorite person in this whole book was Sister Mary Veritas. If it wasn’t for the fact that she dressed like a nun, who would never be able to tell she is a full-fledged nun. From her sharp-witted tongue to her smooth moves. I thought Try Darkness was a good book and I know want to pick up a copy of Try Dying. James Scott Bell has a great talent as an book author.

Comments

Anonymous said…
See what I mean? Now I have to put his first book on my list to read...lol!

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway