Please Fire Me


Anne Wyatt is tried of working in the fast-paced corporate world of deadlines and a demanding boss. Lucky for Anne she has been offered an out. She has accepted a position as a Public Relations Representative for St. Bartholomew's hospital in San Francisco, California. Now all Anne has to do is find the courage to turn in her notice. Before She can do so her boss, Mitch calls a staff meeting. He informs the employees that the company isn't doing so good and that he has to cut one employee. He does tell them that the employee will not leave empty handed. The employee will be given a nice severance package. Mitch will make his decision by the end of the day.

Anne sees this as the perfect opportunity to get Mitch to fire her, so that she can leave with a nice chunk of money. Unfortunately she is not the only one thinking the same thing. This is going to be one crazy day; as everyone does everything in their powers to do the worse job ever. Because whoever gets fired will come out the winner.

Fire Me: A Tale of Scheming, Dreaming, and Looking for Love in all the Wrong Places is a quick, fun, light-hearted read. During hard times like we are currently in, this is the type of book you need to read. Anne is the star of this story. She goes way above and beyond to get fired from curling her hair during a meeting, to taking numerous breaks, giving out her boss's phone numbers including his personal line and cell phone, and to finally even taking up smoking indoors to try and set off the water sprinkers! While all of these things were funny, I was expecting to laugh my head off. I do have to say though that for having read Fire Me as my first book by Libby Malin, I would gladly read others.

Comments

Linda Jacobs said…
I love a light read like this once in a while. It's like taking a laugh pill and puts me in a good mood.

I'll be on the lookout!
Luanne said…
I loved the office hijinks - they had me laughing out loud!
Anonymous said…
This one sounds really cute, maybe a good summer read.
I read a review earlier today for this book. Actually from Luanne ^^ (*waves*) and I had to add it to my TBR list. It sounds like it will be really fun =D

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway