The Creed of Violence


Rawbone was as tough as they got. He killed his first man at the age of ten. Rawbone gets caught by the Bureau of Investigation, haling a truck load of weapons. In exchange for not being prosecuted and having his slate wiped clean, he agrees to help the Bureau take down the ring leader.

John Lourdes works for the Bureau. When John’s boss assigns John the responsibly of accompanying Rawbone across the Mexican border, John is anything but thrilled. Though John is a good agent and will do whatever the job entails. Besides this will give John a chance to get to see who his father really is. Yes, that is correct…Rawbone is John’s father. Only Rawbone doesn’t know this fact.

First off let me tell you that I had no expectations of whether I would like this book or not. Well I am happy to report that I not only enjoyed this book but that I read it in one sitting! The Creed of Violence reminded me of a Quentin Tarantino movie. Which this book is going to be made into a movie. The dynamics between John and Rawbone had good depth and range. In my opinion The Creed of Violence is what good western novels should be like…simple, great characters, and a good story line. One thing that did throw me off track at first was how Mr. Teran identified John and Rawbone as “the father” and “the son”. Though this did help play a part in explaining the relationship between John and Rawbone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway