The Dead Travel Fast







Theodora’s grandfather has passed away. Theodora has no one to watch over her but her brother and sister-in-law. Theodora does not need anyone to care for her. In fact, Theodora comes up with a plan to visit her friend, Cosmina in Transylvania. She bids farewell to her brother, sister-in-law and her boyfriend.

Cosmina cares for the Countess Dragulescu. The Countess and her husband, live in a castle, high atop a mountain. At first glance, Theodora is taken back by the ominous size and mystery surrounding the castle. Once there, Theodora settles in. Though, it isn’t long before Theodora realizes that there is something odd about the Count. What secrets is the Count hiding?

I have read almost all of these novels by Deanna Raybourn. I have enjoyed them all. I like the combination of historical settings with mystery woven through the plot. Mrs. Raybourn’s latest novel, The Dead Travel Fast is a slight different from her past novels. It was darker. Though the best thing I liked about this book is the mystery intertwined in the story line. I usually have no clue who the culprit is until the end. For a mystery fan like me, this is a good thing. If you are looking for a good mystery book to read then you should check this book out but hurry as The Dead Travel Fast!

Comments

Becky LeJeune said…
Yay! Deanna Raybourn is one of my favorites. I love the gothic feel of her books. I've been trying to find something similar (that I haven't read yet) and have been unsuccessful.

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations