The Tulip Virus





Alex is awaken to the sound of his phone ringing. It is his Uncle Frank. Alex rushes over to his home. There he finds Frank bleeding to death. Before Frank dies, he whispers something about a tulip and a book. Frank tells Alex not to let the police find the book. So what does a famous tulip known was the Semper Augustus have to do with Frank’s murder? That is the million dollar question.

The Tulip Virus is the debut novel by author, Danielle Hermans. I liked this book. The mixture of the past with the present was pretty well done. Though, I must admit that I found the past a little more interesting. This is only because there was so much detail and you could tell that Ms. Hermans did her research on the events surrounding the tulips in Holland in the seventieth century. I just found myself fascinated by the history of the tulip war. This was one time where the story line was the star over the characters in the story. Overall, I really found myself really getting into this book. Watch out as The Tulip Virus is contagious and you will want to get your hands on this book. I will be keeping an eye on Ms. Hermans.

Comments

E.J. Stevens said…
This sounds like an amazing read. Thanks for the review! I'm adding to my tbr list now. :)

xx,
E.J.

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations