The Murder Room



I am a fan of murder mystery. I have to admit though that I have not read a lot of true crime novels. I was excited when I heard about this book. A collection of cold cases that the Vidocq Society solves sounded very intriguing to me. The Vidocq Society is comprised of some of the best detectives and others. The main goal of the Vidocq Society is to try and solve cold cases. Some of the members of the Vidocq Society are Bill Fleisher, a former federal agent turned detective, Richard Walter, a forensic psychologist and criminal profiler and Frank Bender, forensic artist. These are just a few of the men and women who make up the Vidocq Society.

I read a few of the many, many stories in this collection and stopped reading. While I found the cases interesting and the way the Society goes about solving the cases, the writing was dry. Mr. Capuzzo was very precise with the details of the cases. Unfortunately, no matter how interesting the cases may have seemed, it could not outweigh the dry writing and I quickly became bored. Though fans of CSI and Cold Case may like this book.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway