Dating my Vibrator and other True Fiction




Dating my Vibrator and other True Fiction by Suzanne Tyrpak. This is a collection of nine short stories. These stories are based on real experiences that author, Suzanne had. Suzanne unexpectedly had to find her way in the dating world again after she and her husband divorced. The titles of the nine stories are Downhill, Rock Bottom, Not Nirvana Dharma Dan, Dust of Souls, A Tiny Romance, Double Date, Phantom Love and Dating my Vibrator.

I read these stories and felt bad for Suzanne. It was like a bad movie where the heroine was stuck in the twilight zone surrounded by really, bad actors. Only in this case the female lead was Suzanne and the guys were real. Like the ski bum from Downhill, who all he wanted to do was get Suzanne off the slope and into his bed or Buddhist Dan from Dharma Dan who Suzanne found on Match.com. I know that finding true love or even a nice guy is hard but it is scary that there are so many dogs out there. Suzanne warns at the beginning of this collection that after reading this book you may want to rethink splitting and try out marriage counseling first. This would not apply to everyone but reading these stories would definitely make you have second thoughts. The only thing I was a little disappointed with was that I read other peoples thoughts on this collection and they led me to believe it would be funnier then it was.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations