I do promise that City of Dark Magic is a book that will stick in your mind for a while after you have finished reading it.


Sarah Weston is studying neuromusicology at Thoreau College. She receives a job offer to work at Lobkowicz Palace in Prague located in the Czach Republic. Sarah would be involved in the music of Beethoven. This is a chance that Sarah can not pass up. Once Sarah arrives, she learns that there is more to the Lobkowicz Palace then meets the eye. There is mystery and a murder to be discovered.


I have to admit that this book was not boring. In fact, I am still pondering my thoughts on this book. Just because this book to be is part fantasy/part mystery. I liked the mystery part but the fantasy is not to be taken seriously but more a tongue in cheek type of humor. There are many eccentric characters. However the main person, Sarah, I found to be the least most interesting. I found myself leaning more towards the eccentric characters better. Not to say that at times, their antics get to be way over the top and I would grow tried of this as well.

Another thing about this book is the pace of the story. It started out strong but then quickly lost speed until about midway and then it did pick up again some and stayed that way until the end. Not too much of a surprise in regards to the murder. The writing team of Magnus Flyte did gel well together though as I could not tell where one stopped and the other one began again. This is a book that does not involve a lot of thinking required. This is a good thing. I do promise that City of Dark Magic is a book that will stick in your mind for a while after you have finished reading it.

Check out the book's soundtrack

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway