No Dawn for Men: A Novel of Ian Fleming, J.R.R. Tolkien, and Nazi Germany

 
Book Summary
 
In 1938, Nazi Germany prepares to extend its reach far beyond its borders. The key to domination lies in a secret that would make their army not only unbeatable, but un-killable. MI-6, knowing that something potentially devastating is developing, recruits scholar and novelist John Ronald Reuel Tolkien to travel to Germany to find out what this might be, using the German popularity of his children’s novel THE HOBBIT as cover. Joining him there is MI-6 agent Ian Fleming, still years away from his own writing career but posing as a Reuters journalist. Together, Tolkien and Fleming will get to the heart of the secret – and they will face a fury greater than even their prodigious imaginations considered possible. Both an astounding work of suspense and a literary treasure trove to delight fans of either author, NO DAWN FOR MEN is a nonstop adventure.
 
My Review
 
While I am an avid reader, I have not read much of Fleming or Tolkien. While reading this book I got to know them better and am intrigued by them. Will check out their work. I say that the authors did a good portrayal of Fleming and Tolkien.

I have read pretty much all of Mr. LePore's books. I have been a fan of his since the first time I read his books and have been ever since. However Mr. LePore's latest book, No Dawn for Men showcases just how much of a talented writer he is!

I thought that besides Mr. LePore that Carlos Davis did a great job as well. I could never tell where one writer stopped and the other one picked up. I blasted through this book. This was a bit of a surprise for me but at the same time not. One because I am not usually a fan of the historical books unless they are in the 1920s or military themed, which this book is military themed in a way but it also has intrigue and great characters.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations