The Wobbit, a parody

Anyone who is anyone has seen the Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit movie and read the books. I love a good parody. I mean it is so easy now to do a parody of a movie or song. The MTV Video Movie Awards has been doing it for years and so has the Harvard Lampoon. However I have to say that I have never heard of the Harvard Lampoon until I read this book or I should say tried to read this book.

I was really looking forward to the non-stop laughter but I seemed to be missing my funny bone. I hardly laughed at all, despite all the references to celebrities, directors, actors, and Peter Jackson. What I found is that I lacked any interest in Billy and most of the Little People. Thus I struggled to stay with this book. I did try really hard to wan to like this book and finish it. But lets be honest, we all know how the story ends. You can enjoy all the supporting actors all you want but if the main talent is not up to par then the outcome is only so, so.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations