Time to Kill

 
Book summary
 
Time to Kill is a pulse-racing thriller about Islamic terrorists bent on delivering Egypt into the hands of America’s arch enemy—Iran

In Jack Coughlin and Donald A. Davis' newest thriller in The New York Times bestselling series featuring American sniper Kyle Swanson, the Sphinx, a symbol of Egypt’s ancient history and power, is blown up by terrorists. A visit to Cairo by Iran’s national soccer team ends in a bloodbath.  Egyptian missiles sink an Iranian vessel in the Red Sea.  The Muslim Brotherhood is on the march, working behind the scenes to provoke a war between Egypt and its powerful neighbor, Iran—a war that would certainly result in an Iranian victory. What is at stake is nothing less than total control of the Suez Canal through which most of the world’s oil flows.

Behind the coup is a sinister double agent called The Pharoah whose goal is a fanatic Islamic regime on Israel’s borders. To avoid a direct military confrontation with Iran, the U.S. turns to master American sniper Kyle Swanson and his team, Trident.  Using ruthlessly accurate targeted kills, they go undercover to teach the Iranian leadership a lesson and prevent a war that could strangle the world’s oil supply and cause the death of thousands
 
My review
I have never read any books by either of these authors. This is my first introduction to what this duo can do together. I have to say that I was very impressed. So much so that I can't wait to read the next book and the prior novels by these authors. I pretty much read this book in one day. I felt like I was there every step of the way with Kyle. I was a little surprised that he did not pick up on the enemy sooner but not enough to know I would not want to tangle with him anytime soon.

A sign of a great working duo is never knowing where one author ended and the other one began. Plus, there was plenty of action to keep the pace of this story moving along with no interruptions. I would recommend this book to anyone that is a fan of military thrillers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations