Blackout






Book Summary

Laura and Alec are trained terrorists.

Jack and Aubrey are high school students.

There was no reason for them to ever meet.

But now, a mysterious virus is spreading throughout America, infecting teenagers with impossible powers. And these four are about to find their lives intertwined in a complex web of deception, loyalty, and catastrophic danger—where one wrong choice could trigger an explosion that ends it all



My review

When I saw the cover for this book and read the summary, I was interested but also unsure if I wanted to read this book. I kind of thought it was going to be another vampire or zombie book. Not that I have anything against these types of books as I enjoy them a lot.  I just was not in the mood to read another one of these types of books. 

I got a surprise when I started reading this book as it was neither a vampire or zombie book but more like a superhero type book. However the book was lacking some in the action aspect of the story. I like the powers that all of the characters had, especially Jack but I wanted to see the characters use them more. They hardly were put to use. It was explained about what talents they possessed. The last third of the book moved the fastest and this is where things got interesting, only to have the story end with promises of more action in the next book. However I did like what I read and will probably check out book two. For me my favorite is Jack, thus far. Aubrey needs to get more of a backbone; Laura is cool, and Alec has some mystery to him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations