Resistant

They fight without conscience or remorse. Their only job is to kill.

They are the most ruthless enemy we have ever faced.

And they are one millionth our size.


When Dr. Lou Welcome fills in last minute for his boss at a national conference in Atlanta he brings along his best friend, Cap Duncan. But an accident turns tragic when Cap injures his leg while running.  Surgeons manage to save the leg, but the open wound is the perfect breeding ground for a deadly microbial invader committed to eating Cap alive from the inside out. Meanwhile, hundreds of miles away, a teenaged girl is fighting for her life against the same bacteria. The germ is resistant to any known antibiotic and the government scientist tasked with finding a cure has been kidnapped. Turning to the Centers for Disease Control for help, Lou Welcome uncovers a link to a shadowy group known as One Hundred Neighbors that has infiltrated our society and is using our health institutions as hostages.  Like the deadly germs they can unleash, One Hundred Neighbors will stop at nothing to further their agenda. From the hospital corridors where anything you touch can mean your end, to the top corridors of power in this race against time, Lou must stop an epidemic, save his best friend, and face even his own most terrifying demons.


My Review

It has been a few books since I have read anything by Mr. Palmer. His latest and last one sounded like a winner. I am sorry that I did not read more of his books while he was alive. This book was a good, quick read. The idea of a bacterial flesh-eating virus is scary. So scary that I was talking to my co-worker about this book and told her that if this ever happened to me that I would just want to be put out of my misery. I would not want the doctors cutting of my limbs one at a time.

So the medical aspect of this story was creepy. However the political aspect of the story, I thought was just alright. I went through the motions of reading this book. None of the characters really jumped off the pages at me. Again though, Mr. Palmer does know how to tell a good story that does leave me the reader thinking about what I just read.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations