Hit


After receiving a full-ride scholarship to Mills College for Girls, it appears Sarah's future is all laid out before her that is until she walks into a poetry class led by Mr. Haddings, a student teacher from the nearby University of Washington. Suddenly, life on the UW campus seems very appealing, and Sarah finds herself using her poetry journal to subtly declare her feelings for Haddings. Convinced Mr. Haddings is flirting back, she sets off for school in the rain with a poem in her back pocket one that will declare her feelings once and for all.

Mr. Haddings has noticed Sarah's attention; the fallout from any perceived relationship with a student is too great a risk, and he has decided to end all speculation that morning.

But everything changes when Mr. Haddings feels a thud on his front bumper when he glances away from the road, and finds Sarah in the street with blood pooling beneath her."


My Review

This is the second book I have read by this author. Just like the first one, I really could not stop reading this book. I felt all of the raw emotions that the characters were experiencing through the whole sad situation. I like that the family was not out for blood and justice but actually thought about Haddings as a person too. Everything that everyone said or did in the story whether good or bad was real. Another thing that I enjoyed about this book is that the crush that Sarah had on Haddings did not take center stage. So there was no creepy vibes happening in the story. Also, I have to admit that when I read stories with poems in it that sometimes I tend to skip them as I just don't really get them. I read every poem in this book. They were great and did help tell the story. I look forward to reading the next book by this author. "Hit" was a hit with me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway