The Buried





Secrets from the past.
Voices from the grave.
Because nothing stays buried forever...

Cypress Bend, Florida, is a small southern bayou town filled with long-buried secrets. It's also the home of successful, fiercely independent state prosecutor Grace Courtemanche, who's pulled into a world of terror and self-doubt when she receives a phone call from a young woman buried alive.

In a race to stop a revenge-seeking killer, Grace unearths skeletons from her past along with feelings for the one man she swore she'd never need again, Theodore "Hatch" Hatcher, a rootless, smooth-talking FBI crisis negotiator who's back in Cypress Bend to deal with a secret of his own.





My Review

I have not read anything by this author before. Wow. I read this book in one afternoon. I could not guess the Identity of the killer until the author wanted me to learn it. This I liked as this is one of my favorite genre's to read and so it is hard to keep stories like this fresh and keep me guessing until the end. Also, the relationship between Grace and Hatch was a really good one. It helped with the story. Another bonus as sometimes the romance can take away from the suspense. I like that they did not move too fast back into the relationship between each other. Of course, having not read the prior novel I don't know all of the details with Grace and Hatch but luckily the author did a good job of recapping their relationship. I could tell that they had both matured since they were first involved with each other. I can't wait to read book three. While I wait I will go back and check out book one. I have found myself a new author to add to my mystery/suspense list of favorite ones.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations