Resurrection of Tess Blessing

About the book: After she’s diagnosed with breast cancer, forty-nine-year old Tess sets forth on a mission to complete her TO-DO List before, what she’s sure is, her impending death. She needs to make peace with her estranged sister, Birdie, scatter her mother’s long-kept ashes, rescue her daughter, Haddie, from the grip of an eating disorder, guide her teenage son, Henry, through a bumpy adolescence, and reignite the spark in her almost thirty-year marriage to her husband, Will. 
 
Tess is aided on her quest by narrator, Grace, who lends the story its most brilliant elements: subtle magical realism and deep psychological complexity. Is Grace an “imaginary friend,” guardian angel, or a part of Tess that knows better than she?


My Review

I really loved this author's book Whistling in the Dark. So I was excited to read her newest book. I really struggled with this book. This saddened me. I could not relate to the characters. I have read other books where the characters are dealing with personal issues and connected with them on an emotional level that drew me in and wanted to continue their journey through the highs and lows. This did not happen for me. I kept reading hoping this would change for me as again I loved the other book I read by this author. Although I did like the narrator, Grace. She did try her hardest to pull me into Tess's world. I finally had to put this book down after only a third of the way in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations