Battle Bugs The Lizard War

Never leave a bug behind-- collect all the Battle Bugs books!

Never leave a bug behind!

Bug Island is under attack! The lizard army is invading and the Battle Bugs are losing. Their only hope against the intruders is a strange creature they’ve never seen before-- a human being named Max. Max doesn’t know how he ended up on Bug Island--but he does know the Battle Bugs need his help!


Paperback, 128 pages Expected publication: May 26th 2015 by Scholastic Paperbacks



My Review


This is a book that boys and girls who love bugs will enjoy reading. Bug Island is full of surprises. I like that the bugs featured in this book are not scary, creepy ones but cool, fun ones. Max is a good hero. Also he is relatable. Someone that the young readers will connect with and cheer for. The illustrations in this book are great. They add to the story and help make the world of Bug Island come alive. I was so into this book that even though it was short, it was still a fast read. I read it in one quick sitting. I started out reading this book because I wanted to check it out for my nephews but now even I can't wait to read the next books in this series and revisit Bug Island.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations