Looking for Orphan X


The Nowhere Man is a legendary figure spoken about only in whispers. It's said that when he's reached by the truly desperate and deserving, the Nowhere Man can and will do anything to protect and save them.

But he's no legend.

Evan Smoak is a man with skills, resources, and a personal mission to help those with nowhere else to turn. He's also a man with a dangerous past. Chosen as a child, he was raised and trained as part of the off-the-books black box Orphan program, designed to create the perfect deniable intelligence assets---i.e. assassins. He was Orphan X. Evan broke with the program, using everything he learned to disappear.

Now, however, someone is on his tail. Someone with similar skills and training. Someone who knows Orphan X. Someone who is getting closer and closer. And will exploit Evan's weakness---his work as The Nowhere Man---to find him and eliminate him. Grabbing the reader from the very first page, Orphan X is a masterful thriller, the first in Gregg Hurwitz's electrifying new series featuring Evan Smoak.  


My Review

I have a few of this author's books on my shelf. I have not read any yet but I had planned on checking this author out. Especially when I have heard good things about this author from the internet and a fellow reader friend. I just seemed to never find the time or chance to read any of the books that I had from this author. I finally found a chance with this new book. It really grabbed my attention.

The beginning of this book had my attention. I thought I can't wait to see where this story was going to lead. Which to be honest I found myself indifferent to Evan. I did not feel for him and what he had went through in his childhood to space him into the person he was in the present but at the same time I did not feel a strong presence with him in the story. In fact, I thought the other person gunning for Evan had a stronger presence. Yet the last third of the story did make up for some of these short comings with Evan showing why he should be feared. 

Check out an excerpt and where to purchase this book here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway