The Word Game

 
For overprotective parent Alyson Ward, any time her daughter, Lyla, is out of sight is reason to panic. So it’s a big step for her when she lets Lyla attend a sleepover at her cousin’s house. Comforted by the knowledge that her sister, Tricia, is the chaperone, Alyson does the one thing she never thought possible: she lets go and trusts that her daughter will be safe.

But Alyson’s sense of peace is short lived. When Lyla comes home the next morning, she reveals something that could tear apart not only their family but also the entire community. Now, Alyson and Tricia must confront their painful shared past as they come together to help a little girl who they fear might be harboring terrible secrets similar to their own. Will the sisters be strong enough to face their demons in order to protect the child, even if it means telling their most private truths?
  
 
 
My Review
 
The subject matter of this book is no laughing matter. It is a serious one. Not just parents but everyone should be aware of the subject matter and how to identify the signs. This is why I became frustrated with most of the characters in this book because it seemed that only Alyson was the only one that took the situation very serious. Towards the end the rest of the characters did come together and help make the situation a better one but by than I was so over the people that it was a little too late for me. Also, I felt the story was just ok. I have read other books by this author so I know that Steena Holmes can write and bring emotion to her characters. This is why I was disappointed that I did not experience this while reading this book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations