Daughter of Albion


"Those who root for Game of Thrones' Daenerys Targaryen will find much to love in Ailia's personal quest."—The News Daily

Set in Ancient Britain on the cusp of Roman invasion, Daughter of Albion is a mesmerizing novel about the collision of two worlds and a young woman torn between two men.

Daughter of Albion transports the reader to the village of Caer Cad in southwest Britain, AD 43, where the dark cloud of the Roman Empire is gathering on the horizon.

A baby girl is abandoned on the doorstep of the Tribequeen’s kitchen. Cookmother takes her in and names her Ailia. Without family, Ailia is an outsider in her village, forbidden from marriage and excluded from learning. Despite this, she grows up an intelligent and brave young woman, serving the Tribequeen of her township until the day when an encounter with an enigmatic man named Taliesin leads Ailia to the Mothers, the tribal ancestors, who have chosen her for another path.

Ailia’s growing awareness of her future role as the tribal protector and her relationships with the two very different men she loves will be utterly tested by the imminent threat of Emperor Claudius preparing to take the island.

With an incredibly compelling heroine, Daughter of Albion is a suspenseful and richly rewarding novel about women, about power, about love, and about the clash of cultures and the tenacity of belief.

My Review

When I first picked up this book I thought it sounded intriguing yet I was not overly excited. In fact, I put it down but a few days later came back to it when looking for my next book to read. So glad I picked up this book. I read it in one day. This time I actually have to agree that the reference to Khaleesi is a good reference. Albion is a dynamic woman. The special abilities that she possess is cool. Although at this point I have not felt any strong feelings towards the two male interests. Hopefully this will change in the sequel. Also I just have to say that I will be watching the fish next time I go swimming in a lake. Anyone who likes paranormal, historical fiction, strong female heroines, or just looking for a new author to read you have to pick up a copy of this book as you will get lost in the story. Which for me turned into a quick read.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations