Just a PIMP

Reteaming a decade after their award-nominated first collaboration, Bruen and Starr complete the saga of wannabe druglord Max Fisher and his one-time assistant Angela, now working in the capital of sin and depravity: Hollywood.

My Review

This is the first book I have read in this series. After reading this book I will be checking out the past books in the series. The slap silly antics, conversations, and appropriate and inappropriate references to celebrities had me laughing. Reading this book was more like watching a movie play out in my head. There is so much happening yet too so much that I got confused. This book has the feel of a classic, gangster story.

Max and Angela are great together. They are kind of like Clyde and Bonnie. Then there are the dumb cops. Oh my gosh it was like they could not find their way out of a paper bag. Yet they made for good entertainment. I read the first 12 chapters in one sitting. The story got better and better as I went along.

Warning: This book does coming with a rating of "R". There is a lot of the "f" word used throughout this book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations