Remember to Forget




In Remember to Forget from Watty Award-winning author Ashley Royer, Levi has refused to speak since the tragic death of his girlfriend, Delia, and can't seem to come out of his depression and hindering self-doubt. Desperate to make some positive change in Levi’s life, his mother sends him to live with his father in Maine. Though the idea of moving from Australia to America seems completely daunting, Levi passively accepts his fate, but once he lands faces personal struggles and self-doubt at the same time he and his dad battle through resentment and misunderstanding. And then, while at therapy, Levi meets Delilah, a girl who eerily reminds him of someone he lost.

My Review

I tried to like this book because most of the other readers who read this book could not stop raving about it. Yet, I found Levi to be very off-putting. I felt more resentment towards everyone and everything then I did depression. Which I guess in a way resentment is a form of depression. Aside from all of this again the way that Levi treated his father and his new friends in the beginning was not called for. All I could focus on is Levi acting like a spoiled brat that I could not focus on the rest of the story. I could not figure out why Levi's new friends including Delilah let him get away with his attitude other then to say that they must have felt sorry for him. There came a point where I could not deal with Levi anymore and skipped all the way to the last four chapters just to see if Levi did change. Luckily from what I did read in these last few chapters, Levi did change and was tolerable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations