Want Ad Wedding




When Daniel Gardner convinced the residents of his Kansas boomtown to advertise for mail-order brides, he never expected the woman he once loved to respond. But Leah Swann steps off the bride train…pregnant and widowed and in need of a husband. Drawn to protect his fragile childhood friend, Daniel proposes a marriage of convenience.

Seeing her onetime best friend waiting to meet the bride train is a wonderful shock for Leah. After her first rocky marriage, a practical partnership with Daniel sounds perfect—as long as her heart doesn't get involved. But when she starts to fall for her husband, will her plans of a fresh start be ruined…or is a real marriage to Daniel exactly what she needs?

Cowboy Creek: Bringing mail-order brides, and new beginnings, to a Kansas boomtown.

My Review

It has been a while since I have read a mail order bride themed story. I found this book to be very sweet and charming. This book is a good start to this series. It was nice that Leah had a friend in Daniel. He is a gentleman. I like that he did not push Leah into the romance. So this way I got to know them both better and thus their love felt real. A pleasant surprise was the references to God. Yet, this book is not preachy. The town and the other folks of Cowboy Creek were nice as well. Although I liked this story, the townfolk and the mail order brides, I did feel like this story was just that...charming. I wanted a little more than charming. However I do look forward to reading more by this author and this series.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations