Size Matters



The rules of (fake) engagement . . .
Leah Martin has spent her life trying to avoid temptation. But she's sick of low-fat snacks, counting calories, and her hyper-critical mom. Fortunately, her popular new bakery keeps her good and distracted. But there aren't enough éclairs in the world to distract Leah from the hotness that is Sam Cooper - or the fact that he just told her mother that they're engaged . . . which is a big, fat lie.

Sam sometime speaks before he thinks. So what started out as defending Leah's date-ability to her judgmental mother soon turned into having a fiancee! Now the plan is to keep up the fake engagement, stay "just friends," and make Leah's family loathe him enough to just call the whole thing off . But Sam has an insatiable sweet tooth, not only for Leah's decadent desserts but her decadent curves. Her full lips. Her bright green eyes. Yep, things aren't going quite according to plan. Now Sam has to convince Leah that he's for real . . . before their little lie turns into one big, sweet disaster.


My Review

I just love when a book turns out to beat my expectations. Reading this book was such a delightful time. I can not remember the last time that I laughed so much or so hard. It was so funny that I had to share some of those moments with my husband. He even could not contain himself from cracking a smile.

Some lines from the book: "I came to fill your hole", "That's about how long it's going to take me to spackle your hole" "Sweetheart, if I was screwing you, you'd know it". 

Sam had me in the palm of his hand with all of his sweet comments and positive attitude towards Leah. She dissed herself a lot, yet Sam made her seem like she was the most beautiful woman around. Which who is to say that all women have to be a size 2. As long as a woman is confident in her own skin and has a great guy who loves her for it, then she is a winner. I can't wait to read the next book in this series. I am looking forward to many more laughs. Alison Bliss strikes gold with Size Matters!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations