The Blue Witch

The second installment of The Chronicles of Eledon finds Lady Alexin in Avalon, seat of King Arthur’s throne. The mortal world is far from what she’d imagined, and the mortals are less than hospitable. Trouble abounds when Alex is accused of being the “Blue Witch” and sentenced to die for treason. In addition, the mysterious death of one of Arthur’s courtiers by seemingly magical means complicates her situation. Back in Eledon, trouble is brewing. Civil unrest and the threat of war demands Alex’s presence to assume her responsibilities as Keeper of the Keys for the Council of Elders. Only too glad to escape the noose, Alex executes a series of quests to prove her abilities to handle the keys and their strange magic. But can she save the Elves from Civil War? And commute her own death sentence by finding the Holy Grail?

My Review

This is the first book I have read by this author. I was first drawn to this book by the stunning cover that I had to check this book out. Yet, I did not realize it was part of a series/trilogy. However, I had no issues jumping right into this book. I did not feel like I had missed anything by not having read the first book. Which, I do plan to check out as I enjoyed this book so much and the worlds that the author built of Avalon, Eledon, the elves, and the rest of the characters as well.

Alex is a great heroine. She is a leader. There was a bit of a romance brewing in this story but it was not distracting at all. I am a fan of romance when it works nicely into the story without being overpowering or it seems forced. This is a very, quick read. I can't wait to see if Alex defeats Sawgrass once and for all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway