One Wild Night


Get ready for the ride of your life...

A cowgirl at heart, Skye Martinez has a rebellious streak she's determined to shake. Especially since she's poised to take the reins of her family's business at Briscoe Ranch Resort. It's time for her to settle down and get serious about her future...right after one last night of fun with a handsome stranger she meets in the resort's stable. But when a midnight horseback ride turns into a red-hot weekend with one of country music's biggest stars, Skye's world is rocked beyond her wildest dreams...

Gentry Wells rode his bad boy image all the way to the top of the country music charts. But churning out hits has dried up his creativity, and he can't remember the last time his life was his own. Skye is a sexy distraction he can't resist, especially since she breathes new life into his music. They bring out the wild side in each other, which is great for Gentry's career—but a major threat to Skye's. Too bad he's fallen in love with her. With their hearts and futures on the line, can Gentry convince Skye to turn their joyride into a real chance to ride off into the sunset together?


My Review

This is the second book I have read by this author. So I knew the author can bring the heat. Which in this book there was heat, yet I was looking for more substance behind the heat. In this case, it did not work for me to just have Skye and Gentry full on having a jumping into each other's arms. I wanted to get to know more about just who Skye and Gentry are first. In fact, I actually wished that Skye's mother and grandmother were involved more in the story. To be honest, they may have been but after getting almost half way, I could not read any further. The reason that I wished for more of Skye's mother and grandmother is because they brought the humor that I felt would have kept this story interesting. So, I am one for one with this author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations