The Axe of Sundering

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Whalen Vankin is the world's greatest wizard, and he has only ever personally trained two other wizards. One is Alexander Taylor, a young man who has earned a reputation as a brave adventurer, a warrior, and man of honor. The other is Jabez, Vankin's nephew and a man whose choices have led him down a different, darker path.

Dark magic has covered Westland, and evil is stirring.

Whalen and Alex must journey together into the heart of danger, confronting a sea serpent, battling their way through a goblin army, and facing down more than one dragon. Alex must find the legendary Axe of Sundering the one weapon that offers a chance to defeat Jabez and protect the land from the dark wizard's plans. But finding it will be an adventure of its own as the only pathway to the Axe leads through the underground tunnels and secret passages of Castle Conmar.

But Jabez has one final weapon at his disposal: the powerful Orion Stone, which could spell the end to Whalen and Alex both.
 
 
My Review
 
Wow. I would not typically recommend reading the last book in a series. Yet, this is what I did. However, it was like I had been following along since the being. This is how easy the reading was and the fact that I was able to connect to the characters and the story. As I was reading this book I could not help but feel a little influence of The Sword and the Stone as well as The Hobbit.
 
The world that this series takes place in is magical. Yet, the true star is Alex. While, he may be young, he is brave and smart. There was a point in the story where Alex had to travel on his own but he was up for the challenge. Than when it came time for him to face Jabez, he did so with everything that he had. A fitting conclusion to this series. You could say that I was transported to another world. This is the best part of books. I plan to go back and read books one through four. Although, I will not be alone as I will be introducing my nephews to this series as well.
 
 
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations